Vintage Design products:
NOTE: An order is not finalized until shipping costs have been considered: unless "free shipping" is clearly mentioned on the products page, please make sure you've added one shipping option (shown on the right hand of the products page screen) to your Paypal cart. If in doubt please Email us.
- Manufacturer's website: Click here
- Overview: Vintage Design was established by Thomas "TK" Kristiansson and offers classic British style discrete solid state products, hand made in Sweden.
Currently available Vintage Design products:
Analog audio rackmount equipment:
- VDC BUS COMPRESSOR:
The Vintagedesign "VDC" is a brand new transformer balanced Class A design using a diode bridge as the gain element and it is based on the old British 2254 / 2264 and our own (discontinued) C1/CL1mk2.
Price (including PSU-2): 2125€ Ex VAT.
Our opinion: All discrete (no IC's), based on the classic Neve diode bridge compressor, the VDC is a (stereo) mix/bus comp with more colour than the TK Audio BC1. More punch and a different tone throughout thanks to the multiple transformers signal path, it's a great late 60's/70's flavoured compressor. Top notch construction and design.
- Each channel uses three custom made Carnhill transformers for an authentic, punchy low-end and that very "sought after" mid tone.
- All controls are stepped, a must for recall in mix and mastering environments.
- The VDC has a blend control for parallel compression and also two types of HF boosts.
- The HF switch boosts the high frequencies with 2dB and affects both the output signal and the signal that feeds the side-chain.
- The AIR switch boosts the high frequencies with 2dB on the compressed signal.
- As with most stereo devices, the VDC has one set of controls for both channels.
- It uses two threshold detectors and the detectors are summed before the timing circuits for maximum performance; both channels hit the detectors even if they are 180 degrees out of phase.
- Designed and built in Sweden the Vintagedesign VDC stereo bus compressor is a classic in the making. Classic sound and controls, classic look and a solid professional ergonomic design for the professional audio specialist.
- VDC requires the new power supply PSU-2. Please note that it will not work with the old PSUD!
- Threshold: From -20dB to +15dB in 41 steps.
- Ratio: 1.5:1 / 2:1 / 3:1 / 4:1 / 6:1 / 8:1.
- Attack: 0,5mS / 1mS / 2mS / 3mS / 6mS / 12mS / 25ms / 50mS.
- Recovery time: 25mS / 50mS / 100mS / 400mS / 800mS / 1.5S / Auto1 / Auto2 (A1 = 100mS / 2 Sec, A2 = 50mS / 5 Sec.)
- High-pass filter: Off / 75Hz / 100Hz / 125Hz / 150Hz / 250Hz, all with 6dB/ octave slope.
- Make-up gain: 0-20dB in 41 steps.
- HF switch: Boosts the high frequencies around 1dB at 20kHz, this also affects the threshold detector.
- AIR switch: Boosts the high frequencies around 3dB at 20kHz and does not affect the threshold detector.
- IN switch: True by-pass switch.
- Blend control: From dry to compressed signal in 21 steps.
To purchase, Email us for bank transfer payment or use the Paypal cart.
Shipping costs: Please check the right hand column and choose.
View your Paypal cart:|
NOTE: Only ONE shipping option is required (when applicable) per order, regardless of size.
Please always provide a telephone number when ordering, as required by Bpost and UPS for delivery.
Free delivery in Europe (Bpost International - with tracking). Approximately:
- 2 working days to Belgium, Holland, Germany, France, UK.
- 3 to 5 working days to Rest of European Union.
Rest of the world (4 to 8 days): Please Email us.